Full Body Skin Care Routine & How Sea Buckthorn Can Help
published Jan 18, 2019
New Year, New Trends & Beauty
A new year symbolizes many things. New memories, new goals and of course--current trends!Every year there are new trends that we all tend to follow purposely and sometimes, subconsciously. It may be the keto diet, yoga trapeze or charcoal masks. Either way, one of our main intentions is to better ourselves by improving our health, mind, body and beauty.
Skincare trends are always popular because everyone wants glowing, youthful and plump skin. But, skincare trends quite often tend to only focus on facial routines. Yes, face, hands, lips and neck skincare are vital. But what’s a good skincare regimen without full body skincare? It's a common rookie mistake to only focus on these body parts, the ones that are always seen. But if you’re making this error, it’s time to make some changes. Ahead, you will learn eight tips on how you can incorporate a full body skin routine into your daily regimen. You will also discover how you can upgrade your current routine with SeabuckWonders’ products.
Toss Old Products
1. Before you do ANYTHING check the products you already have. If they’re expired, throw them away. This may be a difficult task to achieve as skincare products can be quite expensive. But, most products only last between six months to one year. Expired products may be less efficient and you may not see the full effects of the item. If you do, you may experience limited results. Furthermore, some expired products can cause breakouts or irritation. This is the last thing you want when trying to improve your skincare routine.
Moisturize your Entire Body
2. While it may seem obvious that your entire body needs daily and even nightly moisture. Some people view this as an optional step that's for aesthetic purposes only. Moisturizing your entire body from head to toe is an essential step to keeping youthful and blemish free skin. Choose a body lotion with plenty of vitamins like Vitamins A, B-5, E and C. The best time to moisturize is directly after a bath or shower or when you shave or exfoliate. Also, do not take hot baths and showers. The hot water from a bath or shower may be relaxing but can wreak havoc on the skin as it strips the body of natural oils. Washing in warm water can help you achieve supple glowing skin. Be sure to also, pat your skin dry instead of rubbing. Patting your skin dry will help you retain some of the moisture you plan on sealing in with your body lotion.
Use Vitamin C
3. Vitamin C is your friend. While it is common that vitamin C is a good source for the skin, most people only worry about incorporating this vitamin into their nightly facial routines. But what about the rest of your body? Incorporating a powerful antioxidant like vitamin C in the morning, all over, can help protect the skin from harmful UV rays and skin damaging free radicals. Vitamin C promotes healing and protects the skin. The antioxidants neutralize free radicals which can damage protein and DNA in your skin leading to cell damage. It’s also essential for collagen production in the body. But, simply swallowing a vitamin C tablet won’t do anything for your skin. That’s why there are tons of facial serums for vitamin C. So how can you add it to your full body routine? Purchasing a quality vitamin C powder and adding it to your current moisturizer can help you.
Yet you must be careful when choosing a vitamin C powder. Especially if you choose the DIY route. Obtaining the right pH levels can be tricky and can irritate the skin. Also, vitamin C products prepared at home may crystallize on the skin before it penetrates the skin barrier. Instead, look for powders that you can use daily when blended with your full body lotion or facial serum. These powders should have the allotted water content to help vitamin C absorb into the skin.
4. Omega fatty acids’ nutritional values are common for health and diet. But are you aware of how it can show amazing results for your skin? Omega fatty acids serve as the essential building blocks of your skin’s surface layers. They create a smoother, younger and more even and healthier looking skin complexion. Plant-derived high-quality omega 3 fatty acids which are shown to give remarkable results can be found in SeabuckWonders’ Seed and Berry Oil. These products can be ingested internally and applied topically with great results. Research shows that applied topically, omega 3 can:
1. Rejuvenate your skin's surface.
2. Increase Hydration.
3. Calm signs of external stressors, including redness and sensitivity.
4. Reduce signs of flaky, dehydrated-looking skin.
5. Strengthen skin against environmental damage.
6. Deliver antioxidants for visible anti-aging results.
5. Good body lotion can do wonders for the skin. Insert SeabuckWonders--pun intended. SeabuckWonders’ Sea buckthorn body lotion has a high concentration of sea buckthorn and is infused with Omega, 3, 6, 7 & 9. Its 100 percent all natural and vegan. It contains a plethora of healthy ingredients which are proven to be beneficial for skin care. In addition to sea buckthorn seed and berry oil, this lotion includes shea butter, vitamin e and pro-vitamin b-5. Plus the shelf life is longer than most lotions too.
Sea buckthorn is known to fight against eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, acne and aging.
But regardless of the body lotion you choose, invest in one that contains ingredients beneficial to the skin. Avoid lotions and beauty products that contain parabens, phthalates, triclosan and formaldehyde.
Add Butters to Your Skin
6. Skin Butters like Mango butter and shea butter are great for the skin. Shea and mango butter has been proven to be one of nature’s most natural skin emollients. Shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in fatty acids. It increases collagen production and strengthens and improves skin elasticity. There are claims that mango butter protects against UV Rays and it’s rich in vitamins A, E and C.
Use a Humidifier
7. The air in the room, especially during the winter months can be drying to the skin. If needed, a humidifier can add moisture to the air which can help maintain your skincare regimen. A humidifier can help prevent dryness, dullness and flaking. While you can’t rely on this tool alone, using one combined with your other methods for healthy skin can help with your glow.
8. Yes, it’s the obvious! No skincare list is complete without reminding you how optimal your daily water intake is for your health. Your body's moisture does not come from your moisturizer alone. It comes from within as well. Drink a minimum of eight cups daily. The more you weigh the more water your body needs to remain healthy and moisturized. Even more so, there have been claims that waters infused with fruits and herbs have been showing amazing detoxing results. Aside from flushing the toxins out your system, they claim to aid in weight loss, increased energy and regular bowel movements.
Whatever beauty trends you choose to follow or not follow for 2019, remember to choose what’s right for you and your skincare needs.