Proper exfoliation is one of the most misunderstood parts of home skin care. How often one should do it and why aren’t always understood. So we are going to break it down for you today.
5) Exfoliation clears away dead skin cells and lessens the chance of breakouts or skin flare ups. Everyone is constantly shedding skin cells but did you know that if you are acne prone you shed more skin cells than the average person? You give your skin more of a fighting chance to breathe and stay clear by helping your skin to shed those extra cells. Every skin type can benefit from exfoliation.
4) It helps balance many different conditions. If your skin is dry, you might think that exfoliation will only worsen the dryness. Proper exfoliation will actually help clear away layers of dead cells to promote hydration. It can balance out dark spots on the skin, help to clear out gunky pores and even help skin that is recovering from sun or breakout damage.
3) Proper exfoliation can result in better skin as you age. When we are kids and teens, our skin cells regenerate around every two weeks. When we start to get older, the time it takes for us to create new cells can be almost twice as long! So it’s important to help your skin have a clean slate every time that shedding occurs so that you don’t have build-up long term.
2) Stimulating your skin’s outer layer during exfoliation breathes life and nutrients into your face. Exfoliating creates blood movement and thus transports fresh blood and nutrients into your face, which could mean a brighter, sunnier complexion. Really, who doesn’t want that?
1) Some exfoliating cleansers are gentle (really). Maybe you were scorned by certain rougher, scratchy exfoliating cleansers in the past. Exfoliating cleansers that not only roughed up your face but left your skin dry too. Fear not, friend, for nowadays there are cleansers available that are gentle and supportive. We use natural jojoba esters and organic sea buckthorn oils for a luxurious, gentle wash. Our cleanser is so gentle you can use it every single day, no matter what your skin type!
Our SeabuckWonders staff writers love our 100% USDA-certified organic sea buckthorn health & beauty products (of course), and we're passionate about helping people become their healthiest selves. Keep reading for more about our company, and connect with us on social!